We made the mistake of leaving the drip irrigation system in place when we turned and amended the soil in February. One of the drip line distribution heads was damaged by a shovel. With the 1/4" plastic adapters broken off inside the head, the quick fix was to plug the holes with silicone.
It is always best to clean the drip irrigation system filters at the start of a new growing season. We were lucky to have no major build up of sediment from last year. After a quick test, we were relieved to find that all the lines were functioning well.
Jen did a great job of covering the drip lines with mulch this season. This should help not only the aesthetics, but also keep the sun from damaging the lines.