The San Diego Master Gardeners spring seminar is back and registration opens tomorrow, January 31st. This year they are offering 3 sections of classes on April 2, 2011 that start at 8:50 a.m. with the last section starting at 1:40 and ending at 2:50 p.m.. If you pre-register classes are a mere $15, with a $5 dollar discount if you sign up for three classes. They have a very well rounded schedule of classes and instructors this year.
- Attracting Birds, Hummingbirds and Butterflies to your Garden
- Compost-No Longer the Dirty Little Secret in the Garden
- Tips on Designing a Water-smart Landscape with Color, Interest and Budget Savings
- Growing Herbs for Health, Taste and Fragrance
- How to Get the Most Production from your Organic Tomato Plant
- Understanding Our Soils and Simple Ways to Improve Them
- Growing Summer Vegetables the Organic Way (taught by the inspiring Pat Welsh)
- Successful "Green" Living Walls
- Native Plants You and Your Neighbors will Love
The classes are going to be back at the USD campus this year.